Saturday, February 28, 2009

My First Day Home

I have been a busy baby since I got home yesterday. For a while I hung out, watched mom unpack, vacuum and clean (Callie didn't get the memo that she wasn't supposed to shed while we were gone... honestly, she probably got it and just ate it before reading it... I'm obviously the only intelligent child in this family) then I took a good nap with my dad.

Another first order of business was a bath. Sponge baths at the hospital just weren't cutting it, I needed to be submerged. I missed my bathtub. I like it so much I've been in there 3 times since getting home. Once for general cleanliness, once because I had a diapering disaster that just couldn't be solved without a bath (how embarrassing!) and once more because mom tried to trick me into a 3 oz bottle when I have a 2 oz personal limit - I took it just to tease her, then I spit it all back at her. I mean, C'mon Mom, 2 oz at a time makes a girl tall, skinny and beautiful... the doctors want me to take more out of sheer jealousy. We've learned this about them before. Anyway, I got my 3rd bath, my 3rd outfit - and mom got a new outfit too. Ha Ha. Oh- by the way - doesn't my scar look amazing? If you have to get your chest cut open - those are the doctors to do it. They understand a lady can't afford big nasty scars. Too bad those nurses who put tape all over my face causing my sensitive skin to be irritated and cut didn't have the same idea. Jeez.

I can't believe I still have this to deal with. I've lost my ability to sleep through her barking too. I'm going to need to build my tolerance for her loudness again. Since it wasn't too cold out, Mom and I took Callie for a walk... or Callie took us for a walk. Details aren't important. Mom thinks it's funny because each time she brings me outside, I sneeze. What's so funny about that? I haven't smelled fresh air in 24 days. So rude.

Here I am trying to put Callie in her place. Sit HERE Callie. That dog doesn't realize who's boss. Just wait until I start my solid foods - then she'll listen to me or I won't drop any for her.



Dad and I watched some TV in our chairs. Mine vibrates. I win.


Then we had to run some errands. You've seen me wear this hat before - but now I have full cheeks. I like to think of it as big boned. Curves are beautiful. Inner beauty is what counts. Etc, etc.
Well, blog friends, I think this will end my daily updates. I intend to be a lot less high maintenance and less exciting. It's normal to feel empty inside, to sit at your computer and refresh my page hoping beyond hope that an update will appear. I think withdrawal like the one you will experience needs at least a 5 step program.... or you can have some of my methadone. (I'm only allowed to use it for 2 more days... *sigh*) I absolutely will continue to write to you about me - a girl's gotta keep her fans happy - I just won't be writing daily. Try not to cry on your computer - that could make for all sorts of a mess. Thanks for keeping up with me on my journey to being a big(ish) healthy baby- I sure do appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.
I'll talk to you soon!
With Lots of Love From the Bottom of my WHOLE Heart,
Abby









10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting! Keep up the GREAT work Abby, Mommy, and Daddy. I hope to see you all soon! :) Katie

Anonymous said...

Happy homecoming Abby! A little tip from one fair skinned gal to another - California Baby Calendula Cream is great for irritated skin - a girl has to keep up her complexion. Glad to hear you are exercising your right to multiple wardrobe changes daily. And remember if mommy or daddy commit a major fashion faux pas the quickest way to fix that problem is to spit up all over them - works every time for me:) Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

OK Abby - I am a total slacker!!! The ONE day I don't check out your blog and I miss the big & glorious event. I was at a hockey game last night with the boys and some of the Bartholds and Nancy Cannon came up asking how you were. I said you were making remarkable strides and were looking to be released soon. Peggy jumped in and said, "Oh know she went home - didn't I tell you?" I felt terrible!!! I love seeing all your beautiful pictures and hearing your voice through your Mommy - she is unbelievable - ALWAYS remember that! Be well Abby and enjoy your time at home - there's nothing like it! Love & congratulations - you are a superstar!!! - Miss, Paul, Emma, Matthew, John & Lila G

Anonymous said...

Dear Abby,
I have mixed emotions over the news of your homegoing! Such joy and exhilaration that you are in your own bed, have your bath tub back, and your Mom and Dad can get back to normal and leave the sleep chairs behind....but I have to admit I will miss the daily update. It has been amazing to read each days miracle report...your are loved! So, I guess no news in your case, is good news from now on. We will continue to pray for you and your Mom and Dad!
Love, Janice and Jake

Leslie said...

Oh Linzy....She looks amazing!! And, from a mom who knows, her scar looks GREAT!!! She and Owen can compare someday (you know, while they are still young!!) It's wonderful being home isn't it?Enjoy!!

Brie said...

Abby, you look amazing. We are all so proud of you (and not just for your amazing ability to determine when your mom is trying to sneak in an extra ounce).
We'll miss the daily updates and look forward to any other pictures headed our way.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Abby! You look smashing darling! Keep up the good work and try to keep your mom in line. You've got a lot of work to do now...

Anonymous said...

You knew it would happen! I am totally experiencing Abby blog withdrawl! I know your Mom said the daily updates were over, but I found myself checking your sight over and over again today. It's ok though, because I love staring into your beautiful eyes and know you have more important things to do than sit infront of the computer! What did you think of the snow?! Lots of love!
Missy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful News! Glad to hear that everybody is doing so great. It sounds like Miss Abby is quite the little fighter!! Look out Chris and Linzy!!

She gets cuter every day!!!
Love you,
The Manoleras Family

Sarar said...

I am so glad to hear you are home. I just called and read your whole blog to a friend! I hope to hear more about how you are doing soon!
Love Ya,
Sara