Friday, March 6, 2009

Big Snow Storm... Big Date!

Check me out! I started smiling this week! That's how happy I am to be home. The irritating part of it is, now Mom and Dad are like the darn paparazzi trying to catch it on film. This is the best I gave them. I'm mostly just smiley at 5 AM when I want a bottle way before Mom and Dad want to be awake. I reward whichever one of them gets out of bed with a smile and happy talk. I know how to get what I want around here.

On Monday we got a huge snowstorm! Mom and Dad loaded me up in my Kermit outfit and we all went out for a walk. They brought Callie too. Apparently she LOVES the snow.




Callie should learn to keep her face out of the snow while she runs - look at it all frozen to her beard! That's Mom and me in the background - I'm smart and riding along letting Mom do all the work while I'm cuddled up in her coat.
On Tuesday I saw the cardiologists. They said I wasn't really eating enough. Mom told them the one time she'd given me more than 2 ounces I'd spit it all up... she said I just couldn't take more than 2 ounces. They said she had to keep trying. So I went home and took three ounces. And I didn't throw it up. And then later that day - I took 3 ounces again. I didn't throw that up. And every bottle since then... I take 3 ounces and don't spit it up. I can't wait for Wednesday when I see those cardiologists again and Mom has to tell them they were right and she was wrong. Gosh, making mom look like a fool just NEVER gets old!! I eat so much now - I gained 4 ounces. I'm working hard to remain tube free.


I had a big date on Friday. Baby John took me to Sbarro in the mall. (Sorry Caroline, geography is on my side...) He had rice cereal and squash. I had a bottle of high calorie formula (3 ounces, of course). Neither one of us eats pizza, but we chose Sbarro because of the mood lighting and ambiance. Don't be fooled by the blasé look on my face - I'm crazy about Baby John. A girl has to play it cool at first... never put all your cards out on the table right up front. (Isn't it cute that without even planning it, I wore my pony dress and he wore his sheriff outfit? Very Wild, Wild West of us.)

Typical male, hitting on women walking past while I'm sitting RIGHT here.

He tried to cuddle up to me and get back in my good graces, but ohhh no, I'm not falling for it. I wasn't born yesterday! Little blue Tiffany boxes, Baby John. Sparkly accessories. That's how you show a woman you're sorry. Ohhh - but who's THAT? Cute boy at 3:00... on second thought - maybe we're too young to be exclusive...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to get my Abby "fix", and was delighted to see the new pictures and the beautiful, angelic smile!!!
I was thinking, what a wonderful children's story this would make, about Abby and her adventures. You are gifted writers, and I think this would be a wonderful, uplifting,and educational story for kids and for parents too.....an ongoing series....Will stay tuned for the next "episode", you guys make my day!
Love, Janice and Jake

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just LOVE following your "Abby Adventures in Virginia"...you make my day, Linzy and Chris...love and laughter, faith and hope...GREAT combo!

Mark and DJ said...

Amazing pictures and comments! So great to see Abby doing so well---what an answer to prayer this is. Stay stong and keep up the awesome parenting, Chris and Linzy!
Love you,
Mark and DJ

Anonymous said...

We are loving the latest blog! (thanks Linz for adding a post, the withdrawl has been brutal!) Abby you are out and about and loving life just like you should be!!! You are one photogenic girl. Keep smiling! Sending you, your Mom & Dad lots of love!
Miss & the crew

Brie said...

I think that Sbarro is the perfect place for a Western themed date! And don't worry... I think we're all too young to date exclusively. We should wait at least until we're potty trained.

Love,
Caroline

Sarar said...

Can't wait until you teach Abby the wild wild west dance! Love your stories!