Friday, February 6, 2009

Surgery Update

Today Abby's surgery was moved up to Monday... not for any concerning reason - just because there was an opening in the surgery schedule first thing Monday morning. Right now we're told they will come up and get her from the Pediatrics unit (where we are now) around 6:30 AM. Since Abby is not critical - we will be bumped if necessary. The surgery itself will last around 3 hours - but with prep before hand, transport and getting her set up in the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) afterwards, it will be about 6 hours from when we leave her until we see her again.

Today we had a the cardiac Child Life person come and talk us through the surgery, complete with a doll to demonstrate what Abby will look like when we first get to see her after surgery. We walked through the PICU and saw all the machines, etc. It was tough to see, but really good to prepare for.

Chris was begging for a night on the pull out chair - so Linzy is going home to take Callie for a run and be back at the hospital tomorrow morning our meetings with the surgeons.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear family,
I love you!!
God has you in the most cuddly, big, warm, gentle, loving hug ever!
He already knows the plans for you and never gives us more than we can handle.
Boy.....does He know your strength...even Abbys!!!
Did I mention I love all of you!
Love,
Mom

See you tomorrow!

Rebecca Flick said...

We're thinking about you guys every day. Last night Robbie said "AbbEE" in his prayers. Please, please, please drop Callie off any time this weekend. And we have your keys should you need us to stop by and get her.

We'll be thinking about you.

Love,
The Flicks

Anonymous said...

Chris, I will be thinking of you and your family during the surgery. I know Abby will be in good hands and that you will take good care of her when you can get her home.

Lynda

Margo said...

Prayers and strength are coming to you from Ohio! Remember my mantra "Together we Can". You do not have to walk this walk by yourself, you have countless friends and family to support you. Lean on them. Don't deny them the opportunity to be a blessing to you! Just ask and it will be done.
Love to all of you! Aunt Margo

Unknown said...

Linzy -
I have been thinking about you non-stop since I heard the news. A will be saying many prayers Monday. Count me in on some dinners too, I have more recipes and I can always to the lasagna again.
Rachel

PS - my place is REALLY close to the hospital. you can always swing by here for a break.

pbarthold said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brie said...

We think about you guys all the time. I have my entire family (you know there are a lot of them) praying for you. I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow. I wish I could do more from NC. Thank you so much for keeping us all posted.

Luayne said...

Please know that precious Abby and her parents are in my prayers.
Luayne