Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday, Feb 16

Holy smokes, blog friends - I do not even know what has happened here. You can only imagine my dismay when I woke up yesterday to find that I'd slept straight through 6 whole days! Yikes! I woke up yesterday afternoon and have been awake pretty much ever since. Last night the nurses gave me some Tylenol with codeine which knocked me out for a bit - but since then - I've been a party girl. I don't need any medicine anymore, so I'm just up all the time. Finally last night around 12:30 Mom said I could be a party girl all night long if I wanted too - but she was going to sleep. So I did. I partied all night. I have a lot to catch up on after missing 6 days. Plus, no way am I going to sleep - you should see what they did to me the last time I fell asleep! Mom should have stayed up all night too - then she wouldn't have looked like such a fool early this morning when all the doctors and surgeons came into the room to talk about me and she was sound asleep on the pull out chair trying to pretend like she hadn't actually been asleep. At least she had her cute dog pajamas on - I was almost embarrassed for her. Mom called Dad and Grandpa and had them bring me my mobile - so I've been talking to my animals again - I have so much to tell them - but my voice isn't working so great today - my throat's a little sore.

So, over night, while I was being a rockstar - I fixed that whole heart beat thing. I've had a heart rate of over 100 since midnight. My doctors love me. Who doesn't?


Speaking of people who love me - check out all this stuff! My crib is all fun all the time. Apparently I slept through some big holiday where everyone professes their love for me. I got cards from a lot of people - and quite a few older boys. A girl's gotta have options. I'm going to let them all think I'm playing hard to get... when really, I just slept through the holiday and didn't get a chance to send out any cards (shhh, don't tell).


This is what I do all day. I just keep rolling my eyes up in my head and checking out this doofy looking elephant trunk and rediculous bonnet. I told Mom to at least put the bow on top of the hat - but let's be real - there's no way to fix this crazy hat. So, I listened to the doctor as he came by today and gave me the list of things I need to do to get out of here. He was super excited that I fixed my heart rate, and that I'm doing such an amazing job breathing without a machine. He said my next goal is to get rid of this breathing machine (DUH! This hat is UGLY) so he's going to turn it down a bit all night and take a picture of my lungs in the morning. He says I have to get rid of my central line and my few other tubes in my body (he said he's almost ready to de-accessorize me... which I'm okay with because none of these accessories sparkle or shine.) After I do that - he says there won't be much reason for me to be hanging out in this Intensive Care Unit anymore. But then I have to move rooms and learn how to eat again. So we're not really close to getting out of this hospital - but I sure have made a lot of progress in a week!


7 comments:

Liz said...

YAY! We are so happy that Abby is doing so well! We've been checking up on her every day and can't wait until she is well enough to come home! Love, Liz, Mike and Ryleigh

Karin Bloss said...

Great news! Every morning we check for the latest update and this one is wonderful! Abby, you are a rock star! We can't wait to party it up with you when you are at home! Keep up the great progress... and let your mom get some sleep! :)
Love, Karin and Ted

Rebecca Flick said...

YEAH! Can't wait to tell Robbie the FANTASTIC NEWS. He wants his little "AbbBEE" to get better so he can give her a big kiss.

Hugs,
The Flicks

Anonymous said...

Wow Abby, you are popular! Just look at that crib! We are so glad to see that you are feeling better today! Hopefully things will continue to improve and you can replace those current "accessories" with better, sparkly ones! Best wishes for you and your parents!

~Kerry and JC

Laura N said...

Abby you have quite the sense of humor. Thanks for making us giggle a bit. Keep up the good work & tell your mom it's just fine if she sleeps while you party.
You go girl! (It is time to get rid of some of that designer wear that the hospital gave you so we will keep on praying).
Love -
Laura (Tutu), Mark & Amy Nicole

Anonymous said...

Tears of joy again this morning! Such wonderful news! Won't be long now, as the miracles pile up!
Abby, you are one precious baby, and your parents are amazingly wonderful too!
Love, Janice and Jake

Anonymous said...

Now that's what we're talking about! So glad to hear that your'e getting back to your spunky self. You've come such a long way and we're excited for the miracles that await you! Thanks for bringing us so much joy and warming our hearts - You are greatly loved!!!
XOXO The Fioritas