Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall Fun!

Happy Fall everyone! October was a really busy month for me. We went back to the cabin in West Virginia with my friends Christina and Adam. We did some hiking - and now that I weigh 17 pounds - mom is just about to give up on carrying me around in the Baby Bjorn.
I decided it was high time for me to try out the four-wheeler. I just need my legs and arms to be a little bit longer - then this bad-to-the-bone baby will kick up some dust!

Adam was pretty darn proud of what a natural I was on his four-wheeler. I gave him a high-5. I do that now. I know. I'm impressive.
In October there was a 5 Mile race to raise money for Fairfax Hospital's Pediatric Cardiology program. Since they did such a fantastic job fixing my heart - I decided to recruit a few people to run with my mom. These are my friends Christina, Bethany and Anna Lyn. They're all teachers. (Look at the "after" picture below to see my friend Marni, another teacher, who also did the race - we just couldn't find her in the crowd for this "before" photo.) Please note my adorable heart themed outfit and matching bow chosen especially for this race. I really think of everything when it comes to fashion.

My Aunt Emily made us all matching t-shirts so we could cheer for my team. She's so crafty.

Auntie Em and I watched the race intently.

Tucker came to cheer on his mom - and to spend quality time with me. Here we are discussing what a drag it is to be held by your mom when she stinks after running 5 miles in the nasty, thick humidity.

There's Marni! Yay runners! Everyone did a great job on a very hilly course - and all the money went to buying a new heart and lung bypass machine - which was a pretty critical little piece of machinery - from what I can recall.

I went to the pumpkin patch and worked hard to get the tops off the pumpkins.

Then I did some apple picking. Dad decided it was high time I start to contribute something around here - so he put me in charge of carrying our empty bucket. That lasted about 3 seconds. Princesses DO NOT contribute.

We pose and wave and look beautiful. Duh. I don't see mom carrying a bucket!

When we got home I got to try my first piece of apple. I chewed at it for a while - then I fed it to Callie. That dog can't get enough of me!

One weekend my Uncle Charley came to run the Marine Corps Marathon. All this running has me thinking it's high time for Baby Boot Camp. I started with an intense series of push-ups.
I'm considering this whole crawling thing. I just am really having trouble with the forward motion part of the whole idea.
Then it was time for Halloween! Really, who invented this holiday?! Put on a costume and then everyone throws candy at you?! Genius! I was a bumble bee - I was ADORABLE. Too bad it rained on Halloween or I would have made so many more people happy.

I'm just so gosh-darn good looking. I couldn't resist posting all these.

Here's a nice side-view of my costume where you can see my pretty wings. No stinger though. I'm a sweet bee.

Mom and Dad let me try my first ever piece of candy. A Watermelon airhead. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it all - and just as I got used to sucking on the yummy sugar treat - they deemed that I'd "had enough" and took it away. I am so over those two making all the decisions for me.

Later on I met up with Tucker. He was a Cuddle Bug/ Glow Worm. He was good looking. :) Look at that smiley little flirt!

I think he was a little depressed to hear that I'd gotten to try candy and he hadn't. I gave him a shoulder to cry on and tried to soothe him a bit - I reminded him that I'm older and....

Then I noticed those awesome antennae on top of his costume. I had to have them! Stop your crying Tucker, bring your head over here! Must. Have. Antennae. Mom says I may want to stop yanking on Tucker's head or hair each time we get together for a photo shoot or he may go looking for another woman. Yeah. Right.

6 comments:

White Sugar Brown Sugar by Rachel Garlinghouse said...

LOVE the pic and caption of Abby trying to "get the tops off the pumpkins." :) Ella still uses her "circle of neglect" just like Abby. I'm pretty sure Ella exceeds the weight limit...haha, but mommy need to be able to shower.

Karin Bloss said...

Go Abby's team! Great job, ladies! I'm jealous of the high five- I will be expecting one next time I see Abby. :) Love all these pictures- what a big almost one-year-old girl!

Brie said...

I love all the Fall pictures! Those two bugs sure do look cute. We'll have to get together soon to take a picture in our matching heart outfits (see my blog). You're definitely right on the money... princesses never have to contribute. Many props to your mom for continuing to hold you in the Baby Bjorn. My mom kicked me to the umbrella stroller around six months old!

Love,
Baby Caroline

Missy said...

OK Linz- When are you going to publish your first book! Nothing makes me happier than reading an Abby blog and seeing all of her adorable photos!!! Newsflash...Paul caved, we have a new addition to the fam - Ruby is our new 8 week old puppy. Yes, you must think I'm crazy, but so far we're loving every minute of it!!! Can't wait to see your little sweet bubmble bee in person. Maybe you could bring her costume up since we didn't get any pictures of Lila in her costume. That dreaded swine flu!!! Love to all-

Brie said...

We just wanted to drop in and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!! We hope you had a great day!

Amy said...

This is by FAR the cutest blog I have EVER seen. I think it is stunningly creative of you to have begun blogging at such a young age! Kudos to your Mom for allowing you some internet time! Pardon me, Abby, while I speak to your Mom for a sec. OH. MY. GOSH. This is so outrageous. WHAT a cute idea. I will now follow Abby on her blog, if that's ok with you. What an angel! I have a friend who, nine years ago, gave birth on Christmas Day to a set of twins. They were close to three months premature and the little girl only graced this world with her presence for 18 days. The little boy is going strong. Oh, the memories it brought back, seeing the pics of Miss Abby with her feeding tube in, and the scratched and chaffed little cheeks. Bless you Mom, for keeping up such an inspirational blog as this! I KNOW that there are others who will be helped, just by reading about Abby. I'm going to send my friend a link to your blog, if that is ok with you. God bless your every day, your very life, and the lives of those in your family. Ok Miss Abby, back to YOU. You darling little thing, be sure to keep up all the good work! Charm the socks off of your fans, honey. They'll be wrapped around your little finger for life. Oh, and you too, Callie.
Blessings to you all.