Thursday, October 1, 2009

My New View on the World!

I can't believe I missed posting in September! I'd like to blame my mother - I generally have her help me with the typing - and she's been a bit busy starting school. Anyway, it was taking her so long to help me - I thought about taking things into my own hands and just writing it out myself.
She caught me and said no. "What?! That's so unfair, Mom! I am NOT too little to play with pens."

So my very HUGE news of September is that I can sit up all by myself!!!! Someone has to put me in the sitting postion - and then I can hold it for 2 minutes or so. The first time I did it was during physical therapy on Mom's first day of school. Dad was in charge of staying behind me to catch me when I wobbled - but then I sat and sat for 15 seconds - and in that time Dad got SO excited to see me sitting up - he sort of forgot about his job of catching me - so I toppled over sideways. But I'm okay. Mom was a bit broken up to have missed the whole thing - but I put on a show for her later.

Now I can sit up long enough to have a photo session. I even wave to my fans.
Sitting up comes with perks. Now I can go to the park and swing. I LOVE swinging!

It's like flying - and it takes a lot of serious concentration.

I can also try new foods. This is me mashing on a pizza crust. They didn't let me try any of the rest of the pizza - just the crust. Oh well, one step at a time, I guess.

I've also tried food like cooked noodles. I didn't care for them much so I gave them to Callie in exchange for a few good pulls on her beard. It was a deal we were both thrilled about.

And I really like those little Puffs, but I have a hard time feeding them to myself. They get stuck on my hand, or on my lip. If Mom or Dad feed them to me, I love 'em... but if I feed them to myself - I usually wind up unintentionally passing them to Callie.

"No Mom, I am not feeding the dog my dinner. I ate all my puffs all by myself. Honest."

5 comments:

Brie said...

Yay Abby! What a big girl- sitting up all by yourself. You're ready to take over the world, with Callie as your sidekick. I like to do new things when mom isn't around too, I think it makes them give you more puffs at dinnertime. I'll have to take lessons from you on that sweet innocent face. I can never convince my parents that I wasn't the one throwing the puffs on the floor. You look great!

- Baby Caroline

Karin Bloss said...

What a big girl! She looks so great sitting up and eating all of those yummy foods. Callie seems to be enjoying the new treats as well. :)

Laura N said...

You are such a cutie Abby.Congrats on the sitting up part - it's pretty cool to be upright on your own don't you think? It made my day to read your blog.
Smiles & Hugs-
Tutu

pbarthold said...

Sweet Abby you are so darn cute I cannot stand it. Hey tell your mom that I am sure there are some holidays from school coming up and that all of us here in Darien would LOVE to see you. Tell her you'll be extra good in the car and that your reward will be a playdate with Lila! She is adorable too and you two together would melt my heart!! Love to your family!!

Mrs. Ginger Weaver said...

Congratulations Abby and Callie! I can see that your relationship has been truly forged through solid foods! Enjoy the swings and pizza crust. Try to get your mom to swing by Church Street Pizza one of these Fridays. They have really good crust-so good you won't even miss the rest of the slice. I'm looking forward to pictures of your first birthday! Keep up the hard work- you're doing a great job little lady!