Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When I Grow Up... and Birthday Fun

Hey Everyone! Seeing as how I'm almost 9 months old, I thought it was high time I decide on a career path and get down to work. As you can see - I'm going to put my skills to good use and become a gymnast. Once I made my decision - I wasted no time getting started on my training. In order to become one of the best in the world, one has to practice constantly. I try to incorperate my training into my daily activities.
It'll probably be easier to train when I can sit up on my own. For now, Mom helps me.

They say the best never rest. But a princess needs her beauty sleep - so I figure if I train while sleeping that's just as good.


I figure I have a year or so before I need to hit the gym full time - so I took a small break from my training to celebrate Baby John's first birthday with him! He was pretty excited about the fact that the guest list included two lovely ladies. Me - of course - and our friend Aurelia.

Aurelia and I tried to work out how we could share Baby John... but it didn't really work.... and he was annoyed by our cat fights.

So instead I just tried to kick her off. (Please note that as I get rid of the competition, I also practice my gymnast skills. Mom says I get my ability to multi-task from her.)

Luckily - I didn't have to really kick her out - after a while - she just left. I couldn't believe my good fortune.


Of course, that backfired when Baby John left too!

Sheesh, being able to walk or crawl would be an amazingly useful skill at a time like this. Mom!? Dad?! Somebody! Come get me!!!

2 comments:

Brie said...

Abby you sure are looking sweet in your bows and your smocked romper! Look out Olympics 2024 Baby Abby is going to take the gymnastics competition by storm!

White Sugar Brown Sugar by Rachel Garlinghouse said...

First, she is gorgeous. And what a great dresser! I know I say this every time, but I cannot wait for the girls to meet. Abby is precious. Second, the best photo is her sprawled out asleep in her boucy. That's fab!