Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Haircut

Last week we took a "Mom's not working - we may as well travel" trip to see Grandma and Grandpa Howe in Connecticut... or so we told them. Really - we were motivated to travel for the sidewalk sales on the Rodeo Drive of Connecticut - Greenwich Avenue. (Resulting in quite a few new wonderful outfits for me, the Princess.) While we were there - between shopping trips - Mom took me to meet our family friend Dora. Dora has been cutting our family's hair for years and years. Dora admired me for a while - and then thought that perhaps I needed "just a little taken off the back" so my lovely locks could continue to grow well. I'm told that it was perhaps starting to look a tad like a "rat tail" or perhaps even a "mullet" - neither of which are in the style a princess approves of.

At first, I was pretty into the towel they gave me to chew on. I thought this haircut thing would be pretty great.
I sat very still because I take my long, luscious locks very seriously. I don't need a disaster back there.

"Are you kidding me, Dora?! I said just a little off the back! I hope you're not taking any liberties back there!"


"Ohhh no, ohhhh no! This was a terrible idea Mom - rein this lady in!"



"Look what you let her do to me Mom! Does it look alright? Is it as bad as I think??"
Lucky for Dora - my new "coiffure" looks pretty darn good. And she gave us a little envelope with my hair in it. I'm either going to have mom put it in my scrapbook - or I'm thinking of auctioning it off to my baby friends who don't have quite as much hair as I do. Perhaps some of Daddy's friends would also be interested. Hmmmmm.......




4 comments:

Allison said...

oh no, not a mullet abby! cousin chris had one of those way back when...good thing you went for the haircut!

White Sugar Brown Sugar by Rachel Garlinghouse said...

:) Sounds like an adventure. I'm not sure when we'll get Ella's cut. In the AA community it's not supposed to be until their first b-day or beyond. So we shall see.

Brie said...

Auctioning your hair?!! Where are you starting the bidding? I'll bid 1/2 a grape and 2 soggy Cheerios! Also, I know this blog is supposed to be about you (the princess) but I have to say your mom looks great! Hope to see you soon!

Love,

Baby Caroline

Abby said...

Wow, Caroline! You had me at 2 soggy Cherrios - but 1/2 a grape to boot! It's my best offer yet!