Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's GAME DAY!!

Alright, we interrupt the re-count of our summer travels to bring you a VERY important announcement:  IT'S GAME DAY, PEOPLE!!!  College football season is underway - and today - our beloved James Madison University Dukes take on the UNC Tar Heels: the team of our good friends, James and Caroline. 

Since we couldn't go down and watch the game with them - we're settling for a smack-talk war via baby blog.  Our moms are slightly competitive like that.

James and Caroline were raised to be Tar Heel fans from birth.  It's not their fault.  The indoctrination started while in utero.  In their house Carolina Blue is believed to be a gender neutral color.  And to give credit where credit is due: Caroline's rendition of the UNC fight song is rather impressive.  To view it click here.

So we knew we had to bring our "A" game if we were going to have a Smack-Talk throw down against the Johnson family.  Well - here's what we got:

 YAY!  These pom-poms are so much fun.  And how about the fact that Mom got a bow to stay in my 6 strands of fine baby hair for the JMU occasion!?!
 I really like those too Abby - don't you want ME to have one?
Hmm.  Stand up.  Interesting move, Abby.  Hmm.  Not much I can do about that right now.  Shoot!

 Mom intervenes and gives one back to Hayley... but I, the cheerleader/princess, go in for the steal once she puts her face back behind the camera!
 Yeah - Hayley - these are for ages 2 and up.  Not for babies.

Pat, pat, pat.  Sorry 'bout that kid.  Life's rough.

 And just to make sure that you don't try something like that whole "share" idea again... I'm outta here!!
From where I sit: I really don't have a move here.  Do I??



And so getting an adorable JMU picture of the girls did not quite pan out.  Plan "B": we tried for a dance video to the JMU fight song.  As you can see: Abby had issues with her pom poms and then our music cut out!!


Well - here's hoping the Dukes can pull off a big win even without the perfect picture from their two cutest fans. So... GO DUKES!  Get out there and earn your new $62.5 million stadium!!!

And no matter how the game goes - we love you Caroline and Jamie!!

2 comments:

Mom (cindy) said...

Gooooo Dukes!

Brie said...

Oh my goodness... I was so busy texting you our smack that I totally forgot to check your blog! I can't believe all this cuteness was posted a whole 2.5 weeks ago and I missed it. Sheesh! Abby, your cheer leading skills cannot be beat! Go Nathlich girls! You may not have won the game, but you certainly won on the smack talking front since I didn't even pull it together to get a new blog up. The start to the school year is crazy. Keep dancing Abby!